We know that getting inspiration for anniversary gifts can be a struggle so we’ve put together a handy guide to give you some ideas. We’ve tried to provide options to suit a range of budgets and tastes. Our guides are based around suggestions for UK shoppers and should all be easily available on Amazon.
1st Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Paper
Just like a blank sheet of paper, the first year of marriage is the beginning of your lives together. Paper as a gifting theme offers lots of possibilities, and what’s more it’s a flexible theme that doesn’t have to involve breaking the bank for!
- A scrapbook for memento from your travels, concert tickets and pictures
- A paper wedding rose (named paper rose but it’s actual a living plant!)
- Personalised art print
- Paper bouquet
- Personalised treasure memories map
2nd Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Cotton
2 years of married life is like threads woven together symbolised by cotton. You could stay on the safe side of this anniversary theme by gifting cotton bed sheets or you could go for something a bit different with some of the gift ideas we’ve found below:
- A beautiful throw to snuggle up under on a chilly evening
- His and hers cotton dressing gowns
- A cotton hammock for the garden
- A cotton scented candle
- Cotton candy jellybeans
3rd Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Leather
Durable and protective, leather is a traditional symbol for 3 years of marriage. But we’ve found some lovely vegan and cruelty-free options too.
- Personalised leather passport holders
- His and hers luggage for weekend trips away
- Vegan leather notebook
- A leather photoalbum
- A leather iphone case
4th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Fruit & Flowers
By year 4 your marriage is likened to bountiful fruit and blossoming blooms and while your day-to-day life might not be quite so romantic, the fruit and flowers theme offers lots of options for gift giving!
- A beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers
- Stretch the theme and buy a nice bottle of wine or a wine gift hamper – it’s made from fruit after all!
- A soap flower bouquet
- A Silk bouquet
- Indulgent fruit hamper, delivered with a personalised message next day to the address of your choice
5th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Wood
Strong and solid, after 5 years of marriage the roots of your relationship are intertwined like the roots of a tree. Wood doesn’t sound like a romantic gift theme but believe us there are lots of possibilities:
- Handcrafted wooden cutting boards
- Wooden dominoes
- Wooden watch
- A set of handcarved decorative wooden spoons
- For the gardeners, a traditional handmade wooden trug is sure to impress.
- Plant a tree
10th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Tin
A decade of marriage is a wonderful milestone to reach, marked by tin. The tin symbol links back to its ability to preserve and prolong the life of what it is storing. It can be hard to find exciting tin gifts but we’ve found a few suggestions to help you out.
- Everlasting rose
- For a more practical gift you could opt for a tin filled with something you know your loved one will like and use such as coffee or biscuits.
- Or buy a decorative tin and fill it with little handwritten love notes for your sweetheart to cherish
25th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Silver
Silver is timeless, elegant and made to withstand life’s many knocks and bumps. It’s usually not difficult to find silver-themed gifts but what if you’re after something a bit different from picture frames and jewellery? We’ve put together a few suggestions for a silver wedding gift with a difference.
- Silver champagne flutes
- Silver moon phase clock
- A personalised keepsake print
- Silver photo frame
- Personalised silver bottle stopper
30th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Pearl
Treasure from the heart of the ocean, pearls symbolise the precious wisdom the marriage has cultivated over the years. A string of pearls might not be your cup of tea so why not take a look at some of these pearl-themed suggestions instead?
- Pearl wedding peace lily
- Fresh water pearl earrings
- Special pearl wedding celebratory gift card
- Mother of pearl coasters
- Vintage pearl photo frame
40th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Ruby
25th Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas Wedding Anniversary Gifts – SilverRed is the colour of love and 40 years of marriage is marked by the ever vibrant Ruby. Red gems might not be to everyone’s taste but we’ve found some lovely ruby-themed gifts ideas for you to choose from.
50th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Gold
50 years of marriage represented by gold: strong, solid, and precious. Gold symbolises 50 years of love that has built a solid foundation and gone from strength to strength. If gold jewellery isn’t to your taste or budget then gold-themed gifts are a popular gift choice
60th Wedding Anniversary Gifts – Diamond
Diamonds truly are forever. 60 years of marriage is a huge milestone marked by the most precious of all jewels, the diamond, a symbol of everlasting love. A diamond ring would make for a wonderful gift but something diamond-themed might be more within a lot of people budgets!
- Bond fans might like this tongue-in-cheek gift of the film Diamonds are Forever
- Diamond tealight holder
- Dartington glass Crystal vase
- Push the boat out with this diamond eternity ring
- Diamond whiskey tumblers
- Tattinger champagne with gift box
Anniversary Gift Ideas
Gifts for Her
If you are looking to truly spoil the woman you love then our pick of luxury anniversary gifts might give you some suggestions.
- The ultimate in luxury: Scented candles from Neom London
- Aspinal of London Silver heart coinpurse
- Chloe perfume
- Radley luxurious leather purse wallets